BBQ Cape Grim Beef Rump with Tomato, Basil & Bocconcini Salad (by BBQ School)
The first step in any BBQ journey is to master the perfect cooking of a BBQ Beef Sirloin served with a simple dish to complement the succulent meat.
Wine Match: Take it to the Grave Shiraz
- 4 x sirloin steaks (around 250g per portion)
- 4 x vine ripened tomatoes, cut into rough cubes
- 20 x basil leaves
- 75ml olive oil
- 250g bocconcini
- 2ml balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat BBQ until hot registers on the hood indicator (hood down)
- Place chopped tomatoes, bocconcini and basil into a bowl ready to dress
- Oil and season steak with salt and pepper and turn BBQ down to halfway
- Place steak on char-grill and let sear for approximately 2 minutes
- Turn steak with raw side still facing up to achieve criss cross char grill lines and wait for tiny drops of blood to form on the surface (this is for medium rare), then turn over
- Cook steak on the second side for about half the cooking time of the first side
- Place steak on resting rack to rest with the BBQ turned off
- Dress and season salad and serve with your perfectly cooked steak
Recipe supplied by BBQ School.
Visit https://www.bbqschool.com.au/ to discover more great BBQ recipes, tips and the details of all their classes run in Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne.
Balsamic-Marinated Swordfish Steaks with Seared Vegetables
4th February 2019
This is an easy dish to barbecue for a crowd. The swordfish can be put in the marinade several hours ahead of time and any Mediterranean-style vegetable can be used including eggplant, capsicum and... more
Prawn & Avocado Tacos
4th February 2019
These ‘tacos de camarones’ are great for an informal gathering, just arrange everything on the table for guests to assemble their own tacos. It can get messy, so provide finger bowls or... more
BBQ Rogan Josh Lamb Slider (by BBQ School)
4th April 2018
Make your own BBQ Rogan Josh Lamb Slider with Pickled Cucumber Salad and Lemon Yoghurt.
Wine Match: Le... more