Barbecued Chermoula Mullet Fillets
Mullet is an inexpensive fish, high in healthy omega-3 oils. Bold flavoured marinades such as chermoula help to balance out the stronger flavours that some oily fish have.
Wine Match: Le Chat Noir Pinot Gris
- 4 x 180g mullet fillets, skin off, bones removed
- Couscous, to serve
- 4 lemon wedges, to serve
- 1 bunch coriander
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- Salt flakes, to taste
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 100ml lemon juice
- 250ml extra virgin olive oil
- Make the Chermoula: finely chop coriander and parsley leaves together in a food processor. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Spread half the Chermoula over the mullet fillets, cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat a barbecue or char-grill plate.
- Cook the fillets for 2 minutes on one side, turn and cook other side for a further 1-2 minutes until flesh flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Place fillets on plates drizzle with a little of the remaining Chermoula and pass the rest separately. Serve with couscous and lemon wedges.
Alternative species: Australian salmon, Australian sardines, tailor, shark mackerel, trevally.
Recipe supplied by Sydney Seafood School.
Visit www.sydneyfishmarket.com.au/seafood-school/about-sss for more great seafood recipes and cooking tips, answers to frequently asked seafood questions and the full program of Sydney Seafood School cooking classes.
BBQ 1/2 Shell Scallops with Chilli, Lime & Coriander
8th February 2019
These beautiful scallops are simple to cook and can be served as an entree for a romantic evening dinner. Make home feel like restaurant-quality dining.
Balsamic-Marinated Swordfish Steaks with Seared Vegetables
4th February 2019
This is an easy dish to barbecue for a crowd. The swordfish can be put in the marinade several hours ahead of time and any Mediterranean-style vegetable can be used including eggplant, capsicum and... more
Prawn & Avocado Tacos
4th February 2019
These ‘tacos de camarones’ are great for an informal gathering, just arrange everything on the table for guests to assemble their own tacos. It can get messy, so provide finger bowls or... more