Hot-smoked Salmon Frittata
This versatile dish can be served hot or cold. It’s great for breakfast or with a salad as a light lunch dish. It’s also perfect to take along on a picnic in the baking dish.
Wine Match: Le Chat Noir Rose
- 700g large potatoes, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 x leeks, washed and chopped
- 8 large eggs
- 125ml créme fraîche
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- Salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 300g hot-smoked salmon, flaked
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Boil potato in salted water for about 15 minutes, until tender, drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat butter and oil together in a frying pan over a low heat. Add leeks and cook for about 7 minutes, until soft.
- Line a 25cm x 30cm baking dish with baking paper.
- Lightly beat the eggs with créme fraiche, add dill, salt, pepper and smoked salmon.
- Distribute potatoes evenly over the base of the baking tin, cover with leeks and pour in the egg mixture.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, until set and lightly browned on top.
- Cool and cut into slices.
Alternative species: hot or cold-smoked trout, cold-smoked salmon.
Recipe supplied by Sydney Seafood School.
Visit www.sydneyfishmarket.com.au/seafood-school/about-sss for more great seafood recipes and cooking tips, answers to frequently asked seafood questions and the full program of Sydney Seafood School cooking classes.
BBQ 1/2 Shell Scallops with Chilli, Lime & Coriander (by BBQ School)
8th February 2019
These beautiful scallops are simple to cook and can be served as an entree for a romantic evening dinner. Make home feel like restaurant-quality dining.
Balsamic-Marinated Swordfish Steaks with Seared Vegetables
4th February 2019
This is an easy dish to barbecue for a crowd. The swordfish can be put in the marinade several hours ahead of time and any Mediterranean-style vegetable can be used including eggplant, capsicum and... more
Prawn & Avocado Tacos
4th February 2019
These ‘tacos de camarones’ are great for an informal gathering, just arrange everything on the table for guests to assemble their own tacos. It can get messy, so provide finger bowls or... more