Jerk Chicken Pineapple and Mango Salad (by BBQ School)
Try BBQ School's delicious Jerk Chicken Pineapple and Mango Salad. Great for those hot summer evenings.
Wine Match: Burns & Fuller Chardonnay
Preparation time: 30 mins (plus overnight marinade if desired)
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups chopped mango
- 2 cups chopped pineapple
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2/3 cup diced scallions
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 120g of rocket or chosen leafy green
- 20g of fennel
- 60g of Jammin' JeRk Mild Marinade
- 1 kg boneless chicken thighs
- Salsa : Combine all ingredients in a bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Salad: Wash rocket, drain and put aside. In a separate bowl – shave fennel into thin slices. Toss the rocket and fennel with a drizzling of olive oil.
- Chicken: Put chicken in a large bowl and using your hands rub in the marinade. Leave for 20 minutes or overnight in the refrigerator.
- On a medium-high grill cook chicken until browned and juices run clear, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Assemble with salad and salsa, serve and enjoy!
Recipe supplied by BBQ School.
Visit https://www.bbqschool.com.au/ to discover more great BBQ recipes, tips and the details of all their classes run in Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne.
Bonito, White Bean & Tomato Salad with Caper Mayonnaise
4th February 2019
Related to tuna and mackerel, bonito is high in healthy omega-3 oils. Some people find the slightly stronger flavour of such fish a little overwhelming, but hearty Mediterranean flavours compliment... more
Char-Grilled Salmon Kebabs & Vegetables with Lime Mayonnaise
4th February 2019
This is a great buffet dish served on a big platter for a barbecue or other casual gathering, but would also be an elegant entrée for 8 people if you made 16 small kebabs instead of the 8 larger... more
BBQ Spiced Chicken Wings (by BBQ School)
22nd March 2018
A great snack to serve with a chilled drink for those lazy, hot afternoons. Cayenne pepper adds the spice while the honey sweetens it up.