BBQ 1/2 Shell Scallops with Chilli, Lime & Coriander
8th February 2019
These beautiful scallops are simple to cook and can be served as an entree for a romantic evening dinner. Make home feel like restaurant-quality dining.
Wine Match: Tread Softly Prosecco
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 2 minutes
- 6 x ½ shell scallops
- 30ml soy sauce
- 1 x fresh chilli
- 1 x lime (zest & juice)
- 2 x sprigs coriander
- 50ml olive oil
- 1 x bunch mizzuna
- 1 x pack bean sprouts
- 1 x pack snowpea shoots
- 1 x red capsicum cut into strips
- Hooded BBQ
- Mortar and Pestle or blender
- Mixing bowl
- Fish Lifter
- Heat BBQ to hot and then turn down to ¾’s with the hood down.
- Place soy, chilli, coriander, salt, lime zest and juice in a pestle and mortar
- Crush into a rough pulp, add olive oil.
- Take scallop from shell and place shell under the BBQ hood on the resting tray to cook.
- Brush scallops with marinade and grill lightly on one side till golden.
- Place scallop back into shell under the hood and spoon additional mixture onto the scallops.
- Let scallops cook for 1 minute then serve on a plate.
- Garnish with a light salad of your favourite leaves with crunch shoots and sprouts or strips of capsicum.
With your chillis - You don’t have to take out the seeds, but they add a lot of heat to the dish. The smaller the chilli, the hotter it is.
Recipe supplied by BBQ School.
Visit https://www.bbqschool.com.au/ to discover more great BBQ recipes, tips and the details of all their classes run in Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne.