Try BBQ School's delicious Jerk Chicken Pineapple and Mango Salad. Great for those hot summer evenings.
Wine Match: Burns & Fuller Chardonnay
Preparation time: 30 mins (plus overnight marinade if desired)
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups chopped mango
- 2 cups chopped pineapple
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2/3 cup diced scallions
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 120g of rocket or chosen leafy green
- 20g of fennel
- 60g of Jammin' JeRk Mild Marinade
- 1 kg boneless chicken thighs
- Salsa : Combine all ingredients in a bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Salad: Wash rocket, drain and put aside. In a separate bowl – shave fennel into thin slices. Toss the rocket and fennel with a drizzling of olive oil.
- Chicken: Put chicken in a large bowl and using your hands rub in the marinade. Leave for 20 minutes or overnight in the refrigerator.
- On a medium-high grill cook chicken until browned and juices run clear, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Assemble with salad and salsa, serve and enjoy!
Recipe supplied by BBQ School.
Visit https://www.bbqschool.com.au/ to discover more great BBQ recipes, tips and the details of all their classes run in Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne.