Abbotts & Delaunay Domaine de la Métairie d'alon Village Chardonnay (6pk)
|Categories for this Product:||
Summary: Domaine de la Métairie d'alon is a 25-hectare estate planted with Pinot Noir and Chardonnay vines, located in a mountainous area around the village of Magrie, between Limoux and Roquetaillade, in the Languedoc’s Haute Vallée de l’Aude. It is composed of exceptional terroirs devoted to the production of high-end Pinot Noir and Chardonnay wines, crafted from organically grown, handpicked grapes. The wines from our other top-quality plots are blended in our "Le Village" cuvées which, like in Burgundy, are representative of the terroir around of the village of Magrie as a whole.
Vineyard: Our Chardonnay comes from 5- to 25-year-old vines cultivated on clay-milestone soils on different plots: Le Palajo, Le Souleillo, Petite Fuche and Les Plôs. Harvested by hand in the cool of the morning to retain freshness.
Appellation: Pays d’Oc
Winemaking: The whole bunches of grapes were fed into a small 20-hl pneumatic press via a conveyor belt. No sulphur was added. The “tailles” and “queues” (first and final pressings) were discarded. Static settling lasted 24 hours, after which, a portion of the wine underwent fermentation in oak (500-litre demi-muids for more subtle oak nuances in addition to 2 to 5-year-old barrels) without any added sulphur, with the remainder of the wine fermented in stainless steel was maintained at monitored temperatures.
Ageing: 75% of the cuvée was aged for 8 months on the lees in the barrels the wine was fermented in and stirred once or twice. The remaining 25% was aged at low temperatures in stainless steel. Malolactic fermentation was carried out on only 20% of the cuvée. Bottled early in May.
Tasting Notes: Pale gold in colour with green highlights. Lifted nose boasting a great deal of complexity: white peach, ripe lemon followed by notes of baked citrus dessert and subtle florals. Integrated oak is in support of a well balanced, fresh wine with brightness, vivacity and remarkable length.
Food Pairing: Serve fresh (10°C) as an aperitif, with goats cheese and asparagus and grilled or baked fish.
The below information is available for stockists of this product.